Most Powerful & Easiest-to-Use CAM System for Creating 2.5D CNC Milling Tool Paths
The most straightforward, easy-to-use interface, seamlessly integrated in SOLIDWORKS, combined with the latest toolpath technology, provides the fastest, most powerful and easiest to create 2.5D CNC Milling toolpaths.
Easily work on parts, assemblies, and sketch geometry to define your CNC machining operations. Quickly place fixtures and components for full visualization.
Best of Both Worlds: Complete Interactive Control + Feature Recognition
SolidCAM provides both interactive and automated 2.5D milling operations on SOLIDWORKS models. Designed for both the novice and advanced user, SolidCAM offers the best of both worlds, with your choice of fully controlled selection of geometry, parameters and CNC programming strategies or Automated Pocket and Drill Recognition and machining.
Interactive 2.5D Mill Operations
Besides the standard 2.5D milling profiling, pocketing and drilling operations, SolidCAM offers:
- Chain modification options (offsetting, trimming, extending etc.), enabling changes to geometry without changing the CAD model
- Automatic rest material machining to cut the material remaining after using larger tools
- Chamfer machining using the same geometry defined in Profile and Pocket operations
- Thread Milling operation for machining of standard internal and external threads
- Variable levels of pockets and profiles in a single job
- Engraving of text on flat and wrapped faces and middle line engraving of a multi-line text
- Contour 3D operation drives the tool along a 3D curve, cutting the model at different depths
- Machining of geometry wrapped around rotation axes, by transforming movement from linear to rotary
- Special operation for machining of the side slots with undercut by a T-slot tool.
Automatic recognition and grouping of holes from the solid model with option to modify resulting geometry. A single Drill Recognition operation can machine groups of holes on varying levels and depths.
Takes SolidCAM‘s powerful pocketing operation to the next level, by automatically identifying all pockets on the CAD model. All strategies and options of the standard Pocket operation are available, combined with variable levels and depths recognized from the model faces.
This powerful Drilling operation gives you full control allowing you to customize your drilling operation at every step and every depth. This is the perfect Drilling operation for Deep drilling and Cross hole dilling.
When compared to any other CAM system to mill a part, SolidCAM's iMachining wins any benchmark in ease-of-use, programming time, cycle time and tool life.
Try iMachining on your part and your machine by downloading our trial version.