Indexial Multi-Sided Machining
The Most Powerful & Easiest-to-Use Coordinate System Definition
SolidCAM is exceptionally strong in indexial 4/5 axis machining. SolidCAM provides an effective and easy way to program on multiple sides of a part.
Tired of dealing with construction views, copying models, and rotating them in space for new alignments? Do you still copy and transform geometry to separate layers for indexial programming?
- Simplify your machining with single machine home position and One-click orientations for indexed setups - speeds up multi-sided machining by eliminating multiple coordinate system constructions.
- Define a CoordSys on the fly, by just picking a face, and continue programming your part.
- SolidCAM’s “select a face and machine” is the fastest method for indexial programming.
- Our coordinate system manager keeps track of all necessary data for each tool orientation.
- Solid Verify simulation shows tool holders and fixtures, together with material removal for all machining operations.
- SolidCAM provides you with the most effective and easiest way to program on multiple sides of a part.
- Even if you're only working in 2.5D or 3-axis, SolidCAM gives you an exceptionally strong Indexial 4/5-Axis machining solution.
Efficient Edit-Free G-Code for Multi-Axis Machines
- SolidCAM offers multiple options to get you error-free, efficient G-Code for multi-axis machines, the first time ... everytime.
- Our post processors are setup to handle all rotations and work offset shifting, eliminating the need for setting up multiple work offsets at the machine.
- SolidCAM manages controllers that calculate part rotations internally, and controllers that need the post processor to handle rotations.
- For controllers with advanced plane rotation or coordinate rotation functions, SolidCAM’s post processors are built to use these internal CNC functions. If you have a machine without these functions, users can input the part location inside SolidCAM and it will handle all the G-Code transformations for each rotation.
- Our philosophy for indexial milling is simple: from the software to the G-Code, make the process the same for indexial milling as for single sided milling. The customer should not have to do any special functions or tricks inside the software to machine multi-sided parts- it should just work!
When compared to any other CAM system to mill a part, SolidCAM's iMachining wins any benchmark in ease-of-use, programming time, cycle time and tool life.
Try iMachining on your part and your machine by downloading our trial version.