High Speed Surface Machining of Localized Surfaces
- SolidCAM's HSS provides smooth and powerful machining of localized surface areas and undercuts, using standard as well as shaped tools.
- HSS provides easy selection of surfaces to be machined, without the need to define boundaries.
- HSS provides significantly increased surface quality.
- HSS is an essential module for every machine shop to machine all types of parts.
Total Tool Control to Machine Only the Areas You Choose
- HSS takes your 2.5D machining way beyond profiles, pockets and faces, providing a 3D machining capability by driving along specific surfaces on prismatic and 3D parts.
- The HSS tool path works on single and multiple surfaces, creating a flowing tool path on a group of surfaces that make up a complex 3D radius (e.g. fillets).
- Total tool control eliminates the need for constraint boundaries or time wasting construction geometry.
- Use Tapered, Lollipop, or T-Slot tools for undercuts or difficult to cut geometry, all in one module.
Powerful Surface Machining Strategies for Smooth, Gouge-Free & Optimal Tool Paths to Finish Selected Surfaces
- HSS provides numerous surface machining strategies, that produce an efficient, smooth, gouge-free and optimal toolpath to finish the selected surfaces.
- HSS provides special tool path linking strategies, generating smooth and tangential lead-ins and lead-outs.
- The linking moves between the tool paths can be controlled by the user to avoid holes and slots, without the need to modify the model’s surface.
- Retracts can move along any major plane.
- SolidCAM provides powerful strategies to machine undercuts in a model.
- Slot Milling tool, Lollipop tool and Dovetail cutters are supported in machining undercuts.
- Complete gouge protection of the cutting area, leads, links, arbor and holder creates safe and efficient tool paths to machine undercut areas.
Advanced Gouge Control for Holder, Arbor & Tool
- Complete Gouge Control is available for Holder, Arbor and Tool.
- Multiple Adjoining Check Surfaces may be selected to create avoidance areas.
- Several retract strategies are available.