From: Zvika Friedman
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 8:07 AM
To: Emil Somekh
Subject: FW: iMachining great success on a Mill-turn Okuma Multus machine.. 58% saving on turbine blade.
Please read below, the email written to me by Evgeny, on his very successful test cutting made at Elbe, the Okuma reseller.
The target of ELBE was to sell a turnkey solution to our customer Ormat, by showing them that they can reduce the machining time of a steel 4340 blade, that they have in their mass production.
The challenge was to reduce around 20% from the 80 minutes that took them to machine it in Ormat for many years.
Ormat is a leading worldwide provider of solutions for geothermal power, recovered energy generation and remote power.
The Benefit for ELBE, the Okuma reseller, would be in selling a new type of Okuma Multus - a Mill-Turn 5 axis machine with 2 turrets and back spindle.
The benchmark was made on a Mill-Turn machine, with support of the back spindle for stock holding, which is not so stable; still the result was amazing (34 min instead of 80 min – 58% saving).
We strengthened the relationship with ELBE - now they can easily sell the new type of Okuma Multus to Ormat Company .They will definitely recommend us to many other customers - they know the relationship with us is a WIN-WIN for both companies.
The effort was greatly worthwhile.
From: Evgeny Lamez
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 11:08 AM
To: Emil Somekh; Zvika Friedman
Cc: Evgeny Lamez
Subject: Machining Ormat Turbine Blade at Elbe – 58% saving…
Yesterday I completed the task you asked me to create technology for cutting a steel 4340 turbine blade, belonging to Ormat.
The test cutting was made at Elbe, the Okuma reseller, on an Okuma Multus 5 axis mill-turn CNC machine.
The target which Ormat put to Elbe for this blade was 40 min of machining, which is half of the 80 min cutting time they did before for many years.
I knew that ONLY with iMachining we could reach this target!
The results, as usual, was unbelievable with iMachining.
I used iMachining 2D &3D and the cutting time at the end was 34 min, which is far beyond the end user's expectations (58% saving).
All the rough operations were made in 13 min.
I am attaching below 2 links of the cutting recording: