SolidCAM's Turning Module
Program Your CNC Lathes For Fast & Efficient Turning
SolidCAM provides a comprehensive turning package with powerful toolpaths and techniques for fast and efficient turning with fixture and holder protection.
SolidCAM produces advanced rough and finish profile turning, together with support for facing, grooving, threading and drilling cycles.
- Turning geometries and profile can be generated very quickly, easily adopted or modified for production.
- The Machine Preview allows you to interactively, in machine environment, check and verify your setup and machine position at every stage of tool-path minimizing programming and setup errors.
- SolidCAM turning supports the widest range of machine tools, including 2-Axis lathes, multi-turret configurations with or without sub-spindles.
- Custom turning inserts, shape inserts with multiple cutting edges can be used.
Advanced Turning Capabilities
- Balanced Roughing: two turning tools working simultaneously or in trailing mode, to perform roughing turning of long and large parts.
- Angled Grooving: performs internal or external inclined grooves, at any defined angle.
- Manual Turning: performs turning according to user-defined geometry, regardless of stock and target
- A new Trochoidal toolpath of round grooving tools for increased efficiency
- 4th Axis Simultaneous Turning: performs machining of curved profile using the B-axis tilting capabilities of the tool, in order to machine undercut areas in a single machining step.
- Drive Unit Sharing: two tools working simultaneously while single Drive Unit (spindle) rotates with the same RPM's and direction.
SolidCAM has the ability to keep the stock updated live within the operations tree. Updated stock is supported from the most basic 2-Axis Turning Center, right through to a CYB Multi-turret, Sub-spindle Mill-Turn CNC-Machine.
On a Sub-spindle Turning Center, when a component is transferred from the main to the sub-spindle, the Updated stock model is transferred with it. Any subsequent machining on the sub-spindle will detect the stock in the state that it left the main spindle, ultimately providing the most efficient machining sequence possible.
When compared to any other CAM system to mill a part, SolidCAM's iMachining wins any benchmark in ease-of-use, programming time, cycle time and tool life.
Try iMachining on your part and your machine by downloading our trial version.